Discovery

" x marks the spot "
Enamel on Copper - small panel (10x10cm) - Copyright Ruth Ball 2007
A quick solution this week - this piece is a small panel that is part of my coast series.
The pieces are based on images of the local environment and include graphic map markings, so this fits the bill for now...initially "Discovery" makes me think about trying to find a treasure....there might be something buried here, it might be a box of jewels, as in a children's story, but more likely, it's about finding out just how lovely a place can be.......... this beach is quite a beauty spot !....

might post more later....I'm still thinking !

BACK AGAIN....still haven't had time to create a new image, but just thought I'd post these mixed media collage pieces......did them sometime ago but they also link in their way....
......I tend to discover things in the everyday humdrum of life and ordinary day to day stuff...they are not things of value but precious to me......

"Just Walking" Ruth Ball Copyright 2006

I love just walking on busy streets, the sights and sounds of people, transient moments, the flow and movements of the crowd, the anticipation of the shops, a few bargains to discover if I'm lucky .......

"A Walk in the Park " Ruth Ball Copyright 2006

Walking in the park is a treat, time out to be with the kids and just have a space to let go. I never leave without a leaf in my pocket, a childhood habit of finding a treasured bit of nature to admire and draw when I get home....


"City Grey " Copyright Ruth Ball 2006

And call me crazy but even the dullness can intrigue me....here it was shades of grey....you can discover beauty in the plainest of things....there's always something to occupy me and an image to search out !

1 comment:

Becki said...

Your work is GORGEOUS!